I am because God is. I love God, He is my Father, and the fact that He loves me too is overwelming. My course in this life is to worship God with all that I am and ever will be. FKI
1. Legalism: Not About Rules, but Relationship. “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.” — Galatians 5:1 Here, Paul reminds us that Christ didn’t set us free just so we could create a long list of “dos” and “don’ts.” God calls us to live from love, not out of an obligation to tick off religious boxes. Legalism sneaks in when we start to measure ourselves or others by these checklists instead of God’s grace. Prayer : Lord, help me live from a heart of love, not from rules that hold me hostage to human approval. Help me to see others through the eyes of grace, not judgment. May I be a reminder that our faith is not a “rulebook” religion but a relationship with You. And, please, keep me humble enough to let others know they don’t need to meet my standards—only Yours. 2. License: Grace Is Not a Free Pass for Foolishness. “You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use you...
Parenting is not just physical care—it is spiritual warfare. The story of Abraham and Lot (Genesis 18-19) teaches us that we cannot assume our children will follow God simply because we raised them in the faith. We must intercede for them as well. Below is a structured prayer guide based on this biblical account to help guardians stand in the gap for their children. 1. A Prayer of Surrender: Acknowledging God’s Authority. “Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?” (Genesis 18:25) Prayer : Heavenly Father, I acknowledge that You alone are the righteous Judge. You see the hearts of my children better than I do. I surrender them to You, knowing that only Your wisdom, mercy, and love can truly transform them. Help me trust Your ways even when I don’t understand them. Declaration : I release my children(insert names) into Your hands, Lord. You created them, and You know their future. I will not live in fear but in faith that You are working in their lives. ...
The book of Judges kicks off with a unique style of writing. The writer begins by linking his present writing (the book of Judges) to it's predecessor Joshua. This is clearly notable when you realize that Joshua's death is recorded a second time in this writing. So, from chapter 1:1 to chapter 2:9, it's more of a throwback to prior events. What's happening in this portion had already happened, but in order to help his audience to connect with the flow, he begins from the past to the present. This style of writing was also employed in Deuteronomy and it's an important way of communicating. Then there's a shift. While Joshua was leading a different generation from the one Moses led, the judges as well will be leading and dealing with a different generation. It reads in Judges 2:10 that " after that whole generation had been gathered to their ancestors, another generation grew up who knew neither the Lord nor what he had done for Israel. " A generation ...
Comments